Re: Debian 10 and LTS version

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 09:16:41AM +0200, Badr BENZERKANE wrote:
> For a task to do it, I need to install a light operating system for our
> industrial computer and as I searched on the Internet I based it on Debian
> 10.13 netinst because I want a version without desktop environment and I am
> looking for the LTS version.

It is here:

https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/debian-installer/

> I ask, if possible, is Debian netinst the lightweight version that contains
> all the important packages is netinst? and I would like to have the
> download link of the LTS version if possible.

netinst requires a network connection, though.

If you want less dependancy on a network connection, you might want to download
the multiple-CD or DVD version instead.

PS: it would probably be recommended to install a later version, since Buster
    will probably be end-of-life in 2024 (except possible E-LTS).  I have planned
    to abandon Buster this summer, for example. On the apu2 industrial platform,
    I have tested buster *and* bullseye, for example.