Re: unbound not supported

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 10:04:35AM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> >> https://www.debian.org/security/2020/dsa-4694
> >> Does this mean we should also mark it as unsupported in Jessie?
> > I'd be happy to add this to debian-security-support and release a DLA
> > (for d-s-s) to announce it. Shall I?
> Sounds good to me.

done so now, for d-s-s in unstable.

for d-s-s in jessie i'm still unsure, which version number to use
(see https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2020/06/msg00136.html
for a summary of the problem). allocating and issuing the DLA will
be easy once I'm clear about that version number...

maybe the way forward is the one outlined in msg00136.html though
changing the version scheme requires a d-s-s trip from sid to stable
and oldstable, whether via pointreleases or -security.

*then* we can update d-s-s in jessie (and in future, with the changed
versioning scheme, we can do this sooner / without going cycles
through all releases.)

> I sent a email to Moritz Muehlenhoff, asking why is changed it to
> unsupported, but not got a response yet.

thanks for reaching out!

--
cheers,
	Holger

There are only two kinds of nazis: stupid ones and those without an excuse.
(Volker Strübing)