Re: unrealize mechanism in 9pfs

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 10:29:57AM +0100, Hugo Lefeuvre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently finishing my upload for qemu, and a question is
> remaining concerning the fix of CVE-2016-99{14,15,16}[0,1,2].
>
> It is clear to me that the 9pfs proxy/handle backend drivers may
> issue a memory leakage when unrealized (ctx->private not deallocated

We don't have virtfs-proxy-helper in wheezy so I think we don't need
support the "proxy" case.

As for "handle" did you check that it works in Wheezy including unplug?
If so please let me know and we can have a closer look.

I've only used "local" so far which does not seem to be affected by the
CVEs.
Cheers,
 -- Gudio