Re: Request to set up debci for the loong64 port

On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 08:07:17PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi Dandan,
>
> On 14-05-2024 2:28 p.m., zhangdandan wrote:
> > Could you help us to set up debci for loong64?
>
> Sure.
>
> > Where should the debci machine be hosted?
>
> We (as ci.debian.net) don't have any location to host anything, so either
> you know of a place to host machines, or we'll need to find a place. In the
> latter case we might want to ask DSA for help. I don't have experience doing
> this, so I'd need to learn if I need to help you there.
>
> We have a couple of requirements:
> * We need to have ssh access (key based) to the hosts.
> * We need to have sudo rights on the hosts to manage the debci setup.

Just to reinforce a point here: that's really *all* we need on the hosts
themselves: a clean Debian install, SSH access, and sudo permissions for
that user.  Everything else is set up by our configuration management.

> * The hosts together must be able to run at least ~4000 autopkgtest jobs per
> day. We'll need to figure out how many hosts we need for that. For most
> architectures we get there by having around 10 to 20 debci-worker instances
> running. How many debci-worker instances can run on one host depends on the
> amount of cpu, disk and ram. We have several hosts where all workers for the
> architecture run on one host, but we have also hosts that only have one
> debci-worker instance running.
> * We learned that we need to be able to reboot the system out-of-band, so
> some arrangement needs to be in place to reboot systems when they "hang".
> * The hosts need to be able to download data from the Debian archive, either
> a mirror in the neighborhood, or the deb.debian.org CDN. We prefer the
> latter, but for the riscv64 workers we noticed that local mirrors work
> faster.

[...]

> * The hosts need to be able to communicate with the main node. The main node
> tells the workers which packages to tests, collects the results (traffic
> initiated from the worker) and is also used to monitor the systems with
> munin (traffic initiated from the main node).

That's TCP port 5671 on ci-master.debian.net.