Re: I tried to boot you Live Wheezy ISO and IMG

On 21 October 2012 16:51, Deidre Elizabeth <deeinmetrodc@gmail.com> wrote:
> "This might be a problem with the kernel or the X server. You did not
> provide much information about the kernel and xserver-xorg-* packages
> used nor any errors that might appear in kernel and X server logs.
> Your problem is likely specific to your hardware so nobody else can
> see what is wrong unless you can provide the information, here or
> anywhere else."
>

> You don't know what X server or kernel you provide with your live-wheezy iso
> and img files?

Those images contain just whatever was in testing when they were
generated. I did not build them and whoever did just generated them
with a script that picks current packages from wheezy, not by
hand-picking packages.

> Yours won't even boot, so what logs should I be looking for?

It probably did boot but did not show anything on the screen or
crashed when the X server started.

> I ran lour live whhezy disk in a virtual box only to find there's no
> installer.

Installer integration is not finished. No installer is available in
the live images.

> I installed the debian installer through synaptic.  When I ran it, the
> screen when black.

Yes, it's probably not a good idea to do that.

> I have no problems with linux mint debian edition which is built upon debian
> wheezy.

Here we develop the script that builds the live images. It installs
packages from wheezy and when those are broken and you want them fixed
you should report the issue to the debian package maintainer and
should provide enough information for them to fix the issue. And they
definitely do not know what version of the package is in the live
image you downloaded.

HTH

Michal