Re: Introducing rlintian ("restricted lintian")

Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> writes:

> I propose we include a new frontend, rlintian (or some other name).  Its
> sole purpose would be to provide people with an honest chance of using
> Lintian "right" in these cases.  I have attached a prototype of such a
> frontend.

I think this is a great idea, and the prototype that you provided looks
good to me on a quick glance.  (Alas, still little time to look more
deeply.)

Separately (and compatibly), I do think it would be very worthwhile to get
all of Lintian to run in taint mode, but that's a much bigger project.