Re: increasing default lintian verbosity?

On Sat, 2012-01-21 at 22:02 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

> I don't think this is a good idea.  The reason why Lintian is conservative
> about what it reports by default is because we know from past history that
> people will not use it if they get too many tags that they think are
> pointless or are annoying.

I see, understandable.

> Maybe a better solution would be to improve the documentation for people
> who are uploading packages for sponsorship to provide a suggested
> .lintianrc for people who are new to packaging?  (But even there, I'm
> rather dubious that showing new packagers pedantic tags by default is a
> good idea.)

maint-guide suggests to use -i -I:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/checkit.en.html#lintians

I think there are definitely useful X and P tags, which is why I enable
them. Especially things like no-upstream-changelog or
source-contains-prebuilt-windows-binary are useful to forward upstream

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise