Re: Lintian as a static analysis framework

On Thursday 07 July 2011 12:00:38 Niels Thykier wrote:
> Yesterday in #debian-qa, I chatted with Paul Wise and the idea came up
> that Lintian should be a framework that others could use as a basis for
> their own analysis - particularly when these analysis would conflict
> with some of the Lintian design goals (namely we try to be independent
> of the system state).
[...]
> A(nother) personal thorn in my side would be #262783; in my ideal world
> this ought fairly simple, but in reality it is very complex.

The extensions I've written to Config::Model does partially answer #262783.
the command 'config-edit -appli dpkg' check (some) files in debian
directory. [1]

On my side, I'd welcome a Lintian framework that I could use in
Debian::Dpkg model [2].

All the best

Dominique

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/config-model/index.php?title=Using_Config-Model