Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 2.4.1-8-g2d8538b

Russ Allbery wrote:

> "Raphael Geissert" writes:
>
>> +    Lintian::Command::Simple::run('mkdir', '-p', "strings/$dir") == 0
>> +	or fail("Failed to create directory 'strings/$dir'\n");
>
> Minor thing, but I'd use File::Path::make_path here.  Although I suppose
> it's a wash either way on both simplicity and speed.  I tend to have a
> kneejerk dislike of running subcommands, but loading a module is probably
> equally slow.

I considered using File::Path, but lib/Util.pm runs rm(1) on delete_dir, so
I made it use mkdir(1) until both use File::Path.

As far as I could see File::Path requires more special error handling code
and we could benefit if this is done only in one place (i.e. wrapping
File::Path's make_path and remove_tree in another module.)

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net