Re: Another lintian release for squeeze?

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:
> Russ Allbery wrote:

>> Is there any way that we can fix the output handling so that at least
>> it won't intersperse output from multiple threads?  Making failures
>> basically unreadable is unappealing, and I assume that's the possible
>> result.  Can we use some sort of locking method so that only one thread
>> is printing stuff to the terminal at a time and finishes dumping its
>> stuff, including its possible diff, before letting someone else go?

> I don't think it's possible to lock the file descriptors.

Yeah, but you don't need to.  You can use a separate variable as mutex
lock.

> Since doing this is going to take some time, is there any objection for
> merging the initial -j option support to at least make prove run
> multiple jobs? (i.e. not merging the 'use threads' part.)

Oh, sure, I have no objections to that.  I don't really have any
objections to merging the support for parallel tests in general, just
don't want to make it the default until we figure out how to handle the
output.