Re: Simple doubt about section to use

Eriberto Mota writes ("Simple doubt about section to use"):
> I am reviewing the package lutris (ITP #754129). From upstream[1]:

This seems like a package manager.

> My doubt is if is a main or contrib program. I think in main, because
> lutris can survive running DFSG games only. However, we have the
> possibility to install proprietary and commercial games too. So, what
> is the better section for lutris?

At DC14 we had a conversation about the fact that at the moment it is
not possible for a user to say only once, when installing Debian, that
they only want free software.

I think the best situation would be if lutris could be made to offer
for installation only DFSG games, unless contrib or non-free is
enabled.  If you can do that then lutris could be in main, IMO.

Perhaps you could do this with a lutris-nonfree-library package in
contrib.

I assume that lutris is already written not to connect to any game
library without permission.

Ian.