Re: Open logo license changed

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> Presumably you're referring here to the irrelevant straw poll you ran a
> while back, which wasn't worth responding to for reasons unrelated to my
> opinions on trademarks.

Yes, that's what I was referring to, but before that, there was a
similar lack of enthusiasm for the two trademark license drafting
projects.  Based on that and my earlier experiences with the debian
trademark, I feel there's a general unwillingness among DDs for the
whole issue which makes it difficult to either enforce the current
trademark consistently or relicense it permissively.

So it spirals towards becoming generic.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef