Using a CC-3.0-BY file as data file for a GPL program

Hello.

I am working on a GPL-ed program and found this very useful database which is licensed under CC-3.0-BY. I think that since my program is going to only parse the database and not "link" to it in any sense of the term, it is not a problem to use this database for my program even though the CC-BY license is incompatible with the GPL (at least this was true for CC-2.0 as said at http://fsf.org/licensing/licenses).

Is my view correct? I can use the CC-BY-ed database for my GPL-ed program, right?

Thanks.

Shriramana Sharma