Re: non-free firmware: driver in main or contrib?

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 11:51:22AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> 1) The social contract doesn't give us any leeway here. There's no
> way to claim that hardware doesn't have to conform to the DFSG

The "S" in DFSG stands for Software, so I don't see how you would get that it
applies to hardware.  Perhaps what we are discussing is the fuzzy line
between hardware and software, but the problem lies in defining what is
hardware or software, not in trying to apply the DFSG to hardware.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>