Re: GPL linking question

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Raul Miller wrote:

> > > If the application requires GPLed code, then yes.
>
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 12:53:00PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Requires in any sense? The app could use other SQL databases,
> > but would be bundled with MySQL and that would be the default
> > (and what most end users would use).
>
> Requires in the sense that it's a part of the program.

Let's be specific here.  If the program can use multiple databases, one of
which is MySQL, then the distribution of that program can include MySQL so
long as MySQL itself is still distributed under the GPL (meaning, source
code is included or easily obtained).  The sql-using app itself does not
have to be under the GPL.  At least that's my reading.

	Brian