Re: rat license.

David Martinez CSIC RedIRIS <david.martinez@rediris.es> writes:

> The WB-ADPCM algorithm was developed by British Telecommunications plc.
> Permission has been granted to use it for non-commercial research and
> development projects. BT retain the intellectual property rights to this
> algorithm.

This looks worrisome to me.  We can't accept a license as
DFSG-free if it's limited to non-commercial use.  What are these
"intellectual property rights"--patents, copyrights, trademarks,
something else?  And in what parts of the world are they valid?
--
"MONO - Monochrome Emulation
 This field is used to store your favorite bit."