Re: ACPI support on Compaq Presario 2500

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 04:14, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
> For the battery I would recommend to once uncharge it totally and
> recharge it, if you did it not before.

What ?
> What is the problem with CPU frequency scaling? Is there a directory
> "/sys/device/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq"? Is there a file
> "scaling_available_governors"? What does it contain?

Output from ls to  "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/"
root@hogwarts:~# ls -lh /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/
total 0
-r-------- 1 root root 4096 2006-10-04 11:12 crash_notes

Loaded modules are:
usbhid
radeon
drm
vmnet
vmmon
binfmt_misc
button
ac
battery
xt_tcpudp
iptable_filter
ip_tables
x_tables
ipv6
nls_iso8859_1
ntfs
dm_snapshot
dm_mirror
dm_mod
ndiswrapper
loop
snd_ali5451
snd_ac97_codec
snd_ac97_bus
snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm
snd_mixer_oss
pcmcia
firmware_class
joydev
mousedev
tsdev
snd_seq_dummy
snd_seq_oss
evdev
snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq
snd_timer
shpchp
pci_hotplug
ati_agp
agpgart
yenta_socket
rsrc_nonstatic
pcmcia_core
snd_seq_device
snd
soundcore
snd_page_alloc
i2c_ali1535
i2c_ali15x3
i2c_core
parport_pc
parport
psmouse
pcspkr
serio_raw
rtc
ext3
jbd
mbcache
ide_cd
cdrom
ide_disk
generic
ehci_hcd
uhci_hcd
usbcore
alim15x3
ide_core
natsemi
thermal
processor
fan

I've tried to load cpufreq* modules, and nothing. I really need this working.
Since my cpu temperature is always above 55 degrees (celcius).
> Regards,
> Jörg-Volker.
Thanks a lot.
Yoanis