Re: no DRI on i945GM

Cristian Grigoriu wrote:
Hi,

I can't get DRI to work on my Inspiron 9400. Snippets of my xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "i945"
        Driver          "i810"
        Option          "ForceBIOS"     "1920x1440=1920x1200"
        Option          "NoAccel"       "false"
        Option          "DRI"           "true"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
EndSection

However, glxinfo says:

direct rendering: No

I am using 915resolution to get VESA 1920x1200. Could this be the problem? If this list is not the best place to ask, could you please point me to a better place?

Thank you,

Grig

I had the same problem with my laptop hp nx6110 with debian etch, some time ago. Take a look here for some tips:

http://www.larsen-b.com/Article/231.html

I solved the problem installing the mesa-libs from the Debian/experimental repository.
But now the mesa-libs from etch should be ok (I suppose...)

Ciao
Daniele

Daniele Iencinella