Re: ask an information

Fredag 22 september 2006 20:33 skrev Nicola Conti:
> Good morning,
> I'm an students and I would like install the operenting system DEBIAN into
> my machine (notebook ASUS model A6Q00KM) so I ask you if there are any
> problem of compatibility with my hardware.
> Thanks soo much for your time spending to answer to this mail.

I have this laptop model with Debian unstable on it. If you are prepared to
run testing or unstable, you should have no problem getting pretty much
everything up and running.

Wifi and if you want nvidia-glx driver instead of the open source nv driver
will be the only thing that demands some extra work to get it running.
Everything else works out of the box. The nvidia-glx is a lot better than the
built in nv driver. It's worth the extra effort to get it working. It took me
half a year of trying every other month before I could finally get wifi
working. I recommend getting network-manager to manage your wireless network.

I haven't fiddled with the webcam thingy that's built in. It's some kind of
built in usb device. I have no idea what driver it needs, or if there even
exists one.

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.4 - KMail 1.9.4 -