Re: dell inspiron 600M + suspend to disk

On 5/14/06, marelin@gmx.ch <marelin@gmx.ch> wrote:
Think about kernel configuration help text:

   [*] Power Management support
            [*]   Legacy Power Management API
            [*]   Power Management Debug Support
            [*] Software Suspend
            ()    Default resume partition

 CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION:

    The default resume partition is the partition that the suspend-
    to-disk implementation will look for a suspended disk image.

    The partition specified here will be different for almost every user.
    It should be a valid swap partition (at least for now) that is turned
    on before suspending.

    The partition specified can be overridden by specifying:

          resume=/dev/<other device>

    which will set the resume partition to the device specified.

    Note there is currently not a way to specify which device to save the
    suspended image to. It will simply pick the first available swap
    device.

Check /etc/fstab:

/dev/hda7       none      swap  sw,pri=3         0  0
/dev/hdc6       none      swap  sw,pri=2         0  0
/dev/hda8       none      swap  sw,pri=1         0  0

Check swap version (?)
debian:/home/root# mkswap -v1 /dev/hda1
Setting up swapspace version 1, size = 131567 kB

I have the swap working OK in my little understanding, and I've
recompiled kernel specifying the devide to hold the image as well.
This is not the problem.  The only thing I haven't tried is compiling
a non cram kernel, but beyond that I'm clueless, I has this feature
working with IBM-T42 and an old toshiba-satellite.  So I'm thinking
maybe dell requires something special...

--  Javier  --