Re: question concerning T42 and the IBM sale

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 22:15 +0530, justin joseph wrote:
> Thank you for your opinions, so I think the T42 is the one for me.
> Thanks for your opinion.  There is one last point I would like to
> clarify.  From the reply post I could not convincingly  confirm that
> the ATI Mobility RADEON 7500 has driver support capable of proper 3D.
> And also If I can get the 1400x1050 resolution that the display is
> capable of.  I have researched the thinkwiki as well as the list
> archive. But would be thankfull for a positive confirmation from
> anyone having the 7500 and 1400x1050 combination.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Justin

Remember not to top-post.
If I were buying that laptop, I would be concerned about the success I'd
have with the Radeon 7500 video card.  I have a system running Fedora
with an ATI Radeon 7200, and the drivers from Livna for ATI cards did
not work, although I didn't do any playing to see if I could get it to.
The last time I looked for Linux drivers from the ATI site, neither the
7200 nor the 7500 were supported.  I'm somewhat new to Linux though; I
wouldn't expect it to "simply work".