Some wireless stuff

Greetings,

I recently purchased some Senao 2511CD EXT2 (Prism 2) in order to get
connected to by
wireless in may backyard as well, and thus the voyage begins.
At first I was looking for the a driver. Knoppix recognized my card without
any problems so I tried using it with sarge.

Preface: I did not find any helpfull documentation at all, so please, if you
know some, don't hesitate.

- I was looking for the right driver, and tried by building all wireless
relating things in my kernel as modules. For some reason loading / unloading
the modules / restarting pcmcia had no effect.
Then I copied all firmware an pcmcia related configs from knoppix to sarge and
everything seem to be ok for the moment.

- Then I tried wpa_supplicant in order to connect to my lan, like I did it
with my centrino:
"wpa_supplicant -D wext -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i eth2
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: No such file or directory
"
Obviosly something went wrong. Because of not knowing, what I actually did to
install the driver, I did not no how to set up the WPA driver as well.

After reading some doc, another driver called hostap draw my attention. I
remember a project to set up a linux based AP, but anyway, may I use this
driver here?

- Another more or less confusing setting is sensitivity. Somehow the card seem
to have 3 different sens-settings 1,2 & 3. man iwconfig says about
sensitivity.
"This  is the lowest signal level for which the hardware attempt packet
              reception, signals weaker than this are ignored." and says
"iwconfig eth0 sens -80" will set it.
But only iwconfig eth1 sense 1 etc. is accepted by my card.
Can someone please explain me, what these settings actually mean?
Trying out some different settings, I haven't noticed any differenc.

- wavemon is a little bit confused as well:
It displays
"TX power: 15 dBm (31.62 mW)"
Although the card is built to operate with 100mW. (German version).
Furthermore, sometimes I got a link quality peak, although I'm not connected.
What may be wrong here?

- Using kismet I sometimes get errors like:
Received monitor frame: FCSerr set
and
eth2: Oversized frame received (13852 bytes)
What may be wrong here?

I hope, somebody may help me here, 'cause I'm a little bit confused at the
moment.

Keep smiling
yanosz