Re: Frozen touchpad after resume

On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:46, you wrote:

>[...]
> Your VGA is identical to mine. It will have to work. I just don't know why
> you are using the vbe-tool, it works without that too.
> Also you didn't mention if any agp modules are being used ?

The reason I am using vbetool is that when I use a "vanilla" method to
suspend, (using klaptop, or calls to /proc and /sys), I get a blank screen on
resume - totally blank, including the backlight. The system is operating, as
I can still use keyboard commands, although without a screen it's a little
hard to tell to what extent!

Googling revealed that many other users of 855GM chipsets have the same issue
(- obviously not everyone, as your system works). Saving and restoring the
state of the graphics device (using vbetool as part of the suspend process)
is so far the nearest I have come to a solution - at least then I can see!

But the touchpad is the fly in the ointment.

I am using AGP modules; here is my lsmod:

Module                  Size  Used by
i830                   22528  1
drm                    53012  2 i830
binfmt_misc             8456  1
video                  14212  0
realtime                4496  0
commoncap               4864  1 realtime
ipt_limit               2176  2
ipt_state               1664  67
ipt_LOG                 6016  2
ipt_REJECT              5120  2
ip_conntrack_irc       70800  0
ip_conntrack_ftp       71312  0
ip_conntrack           35352  3 ipt_state,ip_conntrack_irc,ip_conntrack_ftp
iptable_filter          2432  1
ip_tables              18560  5
ipt_limit,ipt_state,ipt_LOG,ipt_REJECT,iptable_filter
ehci_hcd               27016  0
af_packet              15496  0
eth1394                16776  0
pcmcia                 19084  2
yenta_socket           17416  1
rsrc_nonstatic          8064  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            40096  3 pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic
nls_iso8859_1           3968  0
ntfs                  150160  0
e100                   29440  0
mii                     3712  1 e100
sbp2                   19848  0
ohci1394               28292  0
ipw2100               129732  0
firmware_class          7168  1 ipw2100
ieee80211              33316  1 ipw2100
ieee80211_crypt         4808  2 ipw2100,ieee80211
tsdev                   5568  0
joydev                  7488  0
psmouse                23176  0
intelfb                25860  0
cfbcopyarea             3712  1 intelfb
cfbimgblt               2816  1 intelfb
cfbfillrect             3328  1 intelfb
intel_agp              17692  1
agpgart                25896  4 drm,intelfb,intel_agp
evdev                   6912  1
snd_seq_midi            6048  0
snd_rawmidi            18464  1 snd_seq_midi
snd_seq_oss            28928  0
snd_seq_midi_event      6016  2 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_oss
snd_seq                44304  5 snd_seq_midi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device          6668  4 snd_seq_midi,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
speedstep_centrino      6228  0
cpufreq_userspace       3420  0
snd_intel8x0m          13892  3
snd_intel8x0           25792  1
snd_ac97_codec         62968  2 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm_oss            42528  0
snd_mixer_oss          14976  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_pcm                72072  6
snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              19332  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd                    43364  17
snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore               7008  1 snd
snd_page_alloc          7300  3 snd_intel8x0m,snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
thermal                11016  0
processor              18868  2 speedstep_centrino,thermal
fan                     3332  0
button                  5136  0
battery                 8452  0
ac                      3588  0
uhci_hcd               26256  0
ohci_hcd               17288  0
usbcore                92664  4 ehci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ohci_hcd

This is probably too much information; but it may contain a clue.

Thanks,

John O'Hagan

P.S Please CC me as I am not subscribed.