Re: APM, with kernel 2.4.24 for IBM R40(e)

Hi there,

Quite simply there are R40's that do support APM. However, the R40e is
not one of them. So, the short answer is that you cannot use APM with
any kernel on an R40e. You must use ACPI, and there are problems with
the processor.o and thermal.o modules on that machine as well.

Sorry

Pete