Re: Strange standstill with KDE-Shutdown [solved]

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Stefan Goessling wrote:

SG> black and the laptop stands still. No reaction to keyboard, mouse,
SG> external login....nothing. Only way out: cut power! The strange thing: it
SG> doesn't happen everytime. I do not know the exact circumstances, I can see
SG> no pattern.

I have now upgraded o kdm 3.1.5 *and* done the following changes to my
/etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers: (added -terminate)

# Examples for multiple local X displays:
# :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0 vt9 -bpp 16
# :1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt10 -bpp 8
:0 local@tty1 /etc/X11/X -dpi 75 -terminate -nolisten tcp vt7

I don't recall where I found this tip, but it seems to work. Regular
logout from KDE with "Shutdown machine" now doesn't hang the laptop.

Cheers, STefan.