LSR check engaged and worng keyboard layout

Title: LSR check engaged and worng keyboard layout

hello list,

i own a samsung X10 1300 II and i am experiencing the following problems:

1.
on my consoles ttyS0 to ttyS7 i get the following printout on the screen every serveral seconds.

LSR safety check engaged

My laptop doesn't have any serial port nor parport.

How can i get rid of this ???

2. my laptop has the wrong keyboard layout

so i ran dpkg-reconfigure console-base (was it ??)

well after making the proper changes i get

cannot lock console ...
deferring until console is accessible

what can i do to change the keyboard layout ??

thanx for ur help

bruce