Graphical installation on Acer 450 Travelmate

Hi all, I just bought an Acer Travelmate 450 and I would like to install
Debian on it. I've installed Woody a few times but the install interface
doesn't fit on the screen. I'm missing the section at the bottom where all
the tabs are situated. On previous DedRat installations there was a text
installation option but I don't see any such thing on the installation
options/help. Is there a useful howto or link to help me get through this as
painlessly as possible.

Regards
Wayne Gemmell