Re: 2.4 Kernel Stability

James wrote:

apt-get install libncurses5-dbg

did the trick. now the

'make menuconfig' works now so it's off to trying to find the modules
to support (2) usb cameras:

the web cam and the quickcam

If anybody has deb packages or ides how to get these working, under kernel version
2.4.18, let me know

James

Read this for driver for logitech:
http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

Kenneth

OK,

It took me a few days, but, I decided to experiment with kernel building on a separate system
for now. These steps work until I enter in:

'mak,e menuconfig'

which give me this error:

You must have Ncurses installed in order to use 'make menuconfig'

Numerous attempts to find the *.deb package that has the libcurses, ncurses or curses stuff, have resulted in several additional packages containing *curses* but nothing corrects
this error?

Ideas?

James

Andrew Perrin wrote:

You're confusing debian versions with kernel versions. Debian woody (3.0)
can run on top of a 2.4.x kernel - I do it with 2.4.20, which I had to
download by hand from packages.debian.org, but if you're OK with 2.4.18,
you can get it with apt-get:

cd /usr/src
apt-get install kernel-source-2.4.18
bunzip2 kernel-source*bz