Dell Inspiron 8200 strange crash with alsa

Hello,

I tried last release of alsa driver to enable full-duplex sound
capabilities on my dell inspiron 8200 (the kernel driver i810_audio
seems do not provide that). Since I installed that I had some very
strange problems:

1) the laptop does not always mount the root filesystem r/w at boot
time.

2) ld.so sometimes cannot execute ifup script; it complains saying 'bad
dynamic tag'

3) sometimes I get corrupted files under /etc/network

I sometimes can get my pc to boot, but this happens (apparently) at
random. The problem disappears if I dont' insert alsa modules in the
kernel.  After boot I dont' have to restore the ifup script, because
sometimes it works, but I have to remake files in /etc/network.

Anyone experienced and/or solved the same problem?

Thanks,
Marco

Distro: debian woody, kernel 2.4.20, alsa 0-9-2, sound controller Intel
Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Audio (rev 2).