Re: After discussing on LCDs in Debian-laptop, did you get spammed by Sharp Systems as well?

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:05:30PM +1000, Tim Connors wrote:
> > Obfuscation doesn't help, even if you use some rotating obfuscation.
> > Most, if not all of these, can easily be broken by Perl Regexps.
> > So any spammer just needs to add a few regexps to his bot and he will
> > get all obfuscated addresses as well.
> > But obfuscation is very annoying to regular users... they won't add
> > these regexps to their mail clients so they can hit "reply", instead
> > they'll have to fix you address on each reply. Annyoing.

I find wpoison (http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison/) to be quite
an efficient solution. All my pages always have that trap in
the footer, so viewers are not annoyed and spammers seem to
get enough trouble that those addresses I display haven't
been harvested (so far, luckily, fingers crossed).

/Y