Re: Blurry screen with X 4.2.0

Tiarnan O Corrain <tiarnan.o'corrain@cmg.com> writes:

> Thank you for replying, but I don't think this is what I'm looking
> for. The problem seems to be to be a rendering one. Text quality is
> far lower with the ATI driver than with VESA.

Right, but with VESA you had a black border around the screen.  That
means that you're using a video resolution that's not the native
resolution of the screen.  VESA is showing pixels 1:1 with a black
bar. and the ATI driver is stretching it (ie, scaling).

What resolution are you using in X?  According to HP [1] that model
has a 1400x1050 screen, so you should be using 1400x1050.

> Are there any options that need to be enabled/disabled to get
> reasonable text quality on an ATI Mobility Rage?

Not if you are using the right resolution.

Alcohol and gas do mix, but they taste terrible.