Can't boot a Toshiba Tecra 510 from any rescue floppy image in debian-30p8

I haven't tried to install Debian in a while, but I'm thinking of moving
from Redhat/Mandrake to Debian when Woody comes out.  I used jigdo to
form a CD for debian-30p8-i386-binary-1_NONUS.iso and first tried making
all the floppies in idepci set but the rescue floppy wouldn't boot my
computer.  When I put the floppy I used to install Redhat 7.3 back in
that booted fine.  Then I tried "find | grep rescue" and made all the
floppy options possible and none of them booted either.  I remember
there used to be Tecra Images in Debian 2.2 (or earlier?) to prevent a
cycling problem (related to bzImage or something like that).  But I've
searched the net and debian.org for Woody Tecra images and I don't see
anything.

Does anyone have an older Tecra that they are running Woody on?

I followed a bit of the KDE 3.0/Xfree86 4.2 Debian news and at first
I was thinking I should stay with Redhat.  But KDE is now slow as molasses
on my Tecra and I have to run with option noaccel using Xfree 4.2 anyway
so I'm sure 4.1 is going to be fine.  I'm going to have to switch to a
lighter DE/WM - perhaps Rox on IceWM or WM2 (I didn't care for XFCE) -
any advice on that front?

Thanks, Dara