Re: Linksys PCMP100 Etherfast V3 PCMCIA card

on Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 03:46:32PM -0800, Phillip Assmus (phillipassmus@yahoo.com) wrote:

> I recently purchased a Linksys PCMP100 Etherfast V3 PCMCIA card for my
> IBM A22m Thinkpad.  I have been unable to get it to work under Debian
> 2.2r3.
>
> It appears that I need to use axnet_cs but cannot find it in my
> distribution or in any other stable distribution.  How can I easily
> obtain or install this file to get my machine online?

There's currently much breakage in pcmcia under Woody.  I'd suggest
installing the Potato support for now.

Read the current bug listings for the pcmcia-cs package.  I suspect you
want the pcnet_cs driver, not the axnet_cs driver.

If you want to get up to date, you may want to try installing a 2.4
kernel and the current set of pcmcia-* support packages.  But you're on
untested ground trail here.

Peace.