Re: scroll buttons on a Compaq Presario 2700T

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:46:47PM -0700, Jason Majors wrote:
> My compaq has scroll buttons right below the two 'mouse buttons'. I've tried
> enabling them in X (4.2.0), by adding
>      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> and playing with the numbers using 3 & 4 (because there is no third button),
> 3, 4, 5, & 6 (because there are four buttons), and 4, 5, 6, & 7 (same
> reason).

AFAIK, the first line is the one that works. I've never seen anything
else used. As for why it isn't working, check your mouse driver. I have
scrollers on my Toshiba Satellite, and I have to use the "ImPS/2" driver
to get them to work (I don't believe the regular PS/2 driver supports
scroll functions.)

--
Mike Alborn <malborn@odoitau.dyn.dhs.org>
# pgp keyid: C36DC30B

A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.