Re: Linksys PCMP100 Etherfast V3 PCMCIA card

Hi,

> I recently purchased a Linksys PCMP100 Etherfast V3
> PCMCIA card for my IBM A22m Thinkpad.  I have been
> unable to get it to work under Debian 2.2r3.

I use a Linksys PCMPC200 Etherfast card and it works fine under Debian
Potato (I think the PCMPC100 should be quite similar) BUT you have to get
pcmcia_cs and pcmcia_modules from the unstable branch. To do that, you
must compile these packages from source. This is very easy.

Add a line like the following in your sources.list:

deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

do an apt-get update
then create a temp directory. cd into it. type:

apt-get source pcmcia-cs (same for pcmcia-modules... the names may
slightly differ).

in each of the corresponding directories, type:

dpkg-builpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b

It will create a deb file which you can install with dpkg and will replace
your old pcmcia packages.

You should then be able to use the card.
Olivier.

--

  Olivier Crouzet, Ph.D.
  Institut des Sciences Cognitives