Re: Storm Linux Does anyone know where I can get updates ??

On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 21:37, Shane Broomhall wrote:
> Hi I am new to this List, First day.
>  I have been using, though not exclusively, linux for about 12 months.
>  I am hoping now to learn how to use Debian. I have a copy of Storm Linux,
>  (Boxed Set), that works well on my old Acer Laptop.  I am hoping to use it
> learn how Debian works and update some of its packages from the Debian
>  packages, i am told this is possible.
>
> I was wondering if any one knows of any software sepositories on servers
> on the web that might hold extra packages or updates for storm. I have
> checked their site and they are no longer functioning.

You can happily point your system at standard Debian mirrors and do a
'apt-get update' 'apt-get dist-upgrade' to use more recent Debian
packages.  You will most likely want the 'unstable' branch of Debian in
that case.

Find the nearest mirror at http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist and a
good look around the Debian site will help you out in configuring your
system to use the Debian mirrors - basically adding a couple of new
lines to your /etc/apt/sources.list .

Regards,
					Andrew.

        Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew @ catalyst . net . nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64(21)635-694,  Fax:+64(4)499-5596, Office: +64(4)499-2267xtn709