Re: Resume fails on Tosh-4080XCDT

Hi!

"Dhruva B. Reddy" <sledgehammer2010@yahoo.com> writes:

> I hate to say it, but I have seen this when I didn't have APM
> support enabled in the kernel.

Maybe, I don't know, but I definetely have APM support. How should it
otherwise be possible to issue "apm -s" in the first place?

>  I would suggest making sure the apm module is loaded (do an >
>  'lsmod').  In the '/etc/modules' file, the entry should read 'apm',
>  rather than > 'apm.o'.

As written in my previous note, which btw you do not need to send me
just attached below your comment as I do already have a local copy, I
have apm.o loaded. It is also listed by /sbin/lsmod and I am able to
use apm and apmd as well. There is only the resume problem!

Do you have any experience with this specific Tosh model? That would
be most interesting because I don't have a general problem with APM on
laptops. I own about 5 laptops which I am using with linux for about
the last 5 years and the only box where I got this stupid problem is
this 4080XCDT Satellite from Toshiba. That is why I specifically asked
for experience with this model.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

bye
achim

--
toilet toup'ee, n.:
	Any shag carpet that causes the lid to become top-heavy, thus