SMI Lynx 3DM

Hi,

any experiences with attaching an external monitor to a notebook with a
SMI Lynx 3DM (8MB RAM, 200MHz RAMDAC). In my opinion a resolution of
1280x1024 should be possible, but the shop, I would like to buy my new
notebook at, says no (but they have no experiences with it). The only
limitting factor should be the chipset, shouldn't it?

Thank you

    Gernot A. Weber

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash