Re: Suspend/Resume on Inspiron 7500 potato

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 07:14:10PM +0100, Christian Lemer wrote:

> Suspend and Resume seems to work right... but
>
> 1. When resuming my network (PCMCIA/DHCP) is stuck and I cannot manage
>    to make it work again.

<snip>
You are proboly using the debian default utility called pump for dhcp management.
Which actullay works as good, Altough I don't use dhcp as standard on my laptop I guess you could just put killall -9 pump in the pcmcia stop part of the script.
or try with /etc/init.d/pump stop
I guess one of them should work.

> 2. I'm really not convinced that the suspend-to-disk is correct
>    because it takes only 1-2 seconds to suspend and maybe 3 seconds to
>    resume.... I think I remember that I've read somewhere that on the
>    Inspiron, when resuming to disk, we should not use the 'usual' key
>    sequence (Fn-Esc) but another sequence...  but unfortunately I
>    don't remember which.
the key-combo works good for me, but it puts my pcmcia card in suspend, and then my network get's fucked up =)
But try with, apm -s, (as root =) then it should suspend good.

I hope this helps..
--

	/Johan

Life is but an Illusion of Death