Re: PCMCIA modules - custom kernel - unresolved symbols

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Patrick K Notz wrote:

> As an alternative, you might consider using the kernel 2.4.0-test8
> kernel.  The pcmcia-cs packages have been merged into the mainline
> kernel source which means you can compile all of the pcmcia code
> directly into your kernel.  Since my machine is used the same all the
> time, I don't bother with modules at all.

Thanks, this worded! I tried the proposed uptates (new kernel-source and
pcmcia-source and pcmcia-cs) and that removed the unresolved symbols as
well. But I didn't get the card up right. The 2.2.4-test8 solution works
perfectly.

I did everythin by "hand" this time, not bothering with the make-kpkg
utility.

Once again, thanks!  :)

--

Sebastian Stein
"Support Linux, the operating system of champions"