Damage line on screen

Dear All,

A vertical damage line (single column of pixels showing red on black
background) has appeared on my screen exactly at the centre which is
luckily between the 2 windows I normally use.
Is it possible I have done this by some error in /etc/X11/XF86Config?
(I had to guess HorizSync at 31.5-86, and Vert refresh at 55-135, the
machine is a Sharp M200 running at 1024x768).

Thank you
clare
--
Clare Johnstone, University Communications Services,
The University of Western Australia, Nedlands, 6907