Re: RFR: package mozilla-pwdhash description

Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 11:59:56PM +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Hyphenation, to show the more-tightly bound relationship between
> > some words used in a phrasal modifier, seems a clarity-seeking
> > practice rather than a dumbing down.
>
> What isn't clear about "clarity seeking practice" where it needs a
> hyphen?

The hyphen is customary on multiple-word modifiers, to show that the
phrase *is* a modifier. It's not a matter of using them only in cases
where it would be unclear without them.

--
 \       Eccles: “I just saw the Earth through the clouds!”  Lew: “Did |
  `\      it look round?”  Eccles: “Yes, but I don't think it saw me.” |