Re: [RFR2] templates://radiusd-livingston/{templates}

Jens Seidel wrote:
> Kevin Coyner wrote:
>>  Some ISPs (commonly modem, DSL, or wireless 802.11 services) require you to
>>  enter a username and password in order to connect to the Internet.
>
> ISP stands for Internet Service Provider, right?
> A DSL service is not an ISP!

I suppose calling an ISP a DSL service is a sort of synecdoche...
but if ISPs are services (as well as providers of services), and if
you can get away with talking about a DSL ISP... then isn't that ISP
a "DSL service"?

> Better:
>
> Some ISPs require you to enter a username and password (e.g. for commonly
> modem, DSL, or wireless 802.11 services) in order to connect to the
> Internet.

The "commonly" can't go there; it has to be something like "commonly
for modem, DSL, or wireless 802.11 services".  But why distinguish
"modem" versus "DSL", anyway?  Does it mean "POTS, xDSL, wireless,
etc", ie any kind of connection at all?  If so, simplify:

  Some Internet Service Providers require a username and password to
  be given on connection. Before access to the network is granted ...

(I'm also expanding the initialism, dropping the "you" that really
refers to a piece of automation, and treating it as obvious that the
connection is to the Internet.)

And do we really mean "some"?
--
JBR