No 2 gig limit for /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX in Knoppix 5.0.1?

I have noticed that making some minor changed to linuxrc makes it possible to make bigger cloop image for KNOPPIX than 2 GB. My own KNOPPIX file is about 2.7 gig at this time! No need to use two cloop device as with Knoppix 4.0.2. What about Knoppix 5?

Simple changing 'test -f' to 'test -r' everywhere in linuxrc makes it!

Now I hope that someone would tell me how changing only one letter can make these kind of huge things. Or is there something more in this that I have not noticed? Anyway, my remastered Knoppix DVD boot fine in every machine I have tested it :)

Best regards

-tapsa-