problems with captive in knoppix-2004-08-16

I first tried the captive packages in knoppix-2004-05-17,
and things went well.  But in knoppix-2004-08-16 the
packages have been altered/updated, and they no longer
function properly.

I can use captive-install-acquire to load the necessary
ntfs files, but when I call

root@ttyp0[knoppix]# mount -t captive-ntfs /dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5
Captive NTFS v1.1.5.  Check a new version at: http://www.jankratochvil.net/

it hangs, and I have to kill it with ctrl-c.

A minor quibble, even with the earlier knoppix version,
is that remountrw does not function as it should.
It will not use captive to mount the filesystem rw.

I have heard that there is Knoppix 3.7 out there, so
perhaps these issues have already been addressed?
If not, I thought you should know.

Conrad

----------------------------
captive-packages-knoppix-2004-05-17
----------------------------

||/ Name                     Version                  Description
+++-========================-========================-================================================================
ii  captive                  1.1.4                    NTFS filesystem using Microsoft Windows drivers
ii  captive-install          1.1.4                    Instant installer for Microsoft Windows platform filesystem acce
ii  captive-lufs             1.1.4                    LUFS module for Microsoft Windows platform filesystem access.
ii  captive-ntfs-knoppix     0.5-1                    knoppix menu item for calling the captive-ntfs installer

----------------------------
captive-packages-knoppix-2004-08-16

||/ Name                     Version                  Description
pn  captive                  <none>                   (no description available)
pn  captive-install          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  captive-installer-knoppi 0.5-3                    Non-interactive installer for captive-NTFS
pn  captive-lufs             <none>                   (no description available)
ii  captive-ntfs-knoppix     0.5-1                    knoppix menu item for calling the captive-ntfs installer
ii  captive-static           1.1.5-1                  Microsoft Windows platform filesystem access.