Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: Wireless Knoppix

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:08:02PM -0600, Bill Eastman wrote:
> Klaus,
> Is the information I posted last night helpful for the WPC11?  If not, what
> exactly do you need?

Thanks, I already added it to /etc/pcmcia/config, the new version
should be out in a while (probably named 07-11-2002).

> How do I do a network restart or pcmcia restart?  I'm willing to try making
> the file again (like I tried last night), then do modprobe orinoco_cs and
> then restart the network.  I believe that will work.

Usually, you just do a
sudo killall -HUP cardmgr
or /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart

The orinoco module will be loaded by cardmgr automatically on insertion
of the card. You just have to make sure that the PCMCIA chipset driver
(yenta_socket for most computers) has been loaded already.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/