Re: dkms: Build with an alternative like compiler rather than gcc

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 4:31 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:

> [Sedat Dilek]
>> As a workaround I have symlinked my mycompiler wrapper-script to
>> /usr/bin/gcc.  That works.
>>
>> What is the recommended way to do this correctly?
>
> Perhaps you should use dpkg-divert to ensure your replaced gcc is not
> lost in a future package upgrade?
>
> The DKMS team in Debian need active members.  I'm not one of them. :(

I am thinking of using mycompiler as an cc alternative, the same with
c++ and cpp.
The wrapper-script(s) let me pass compiler-options, too.
So this is very flexible.

Active members... the alioth email-adress in the dsc-file seems no longer valid.

Thanks for the response.

- sed@ -