Re: postinst of linux-image complains if initrd has different file name

    >> If dracut would use the same name for the initrd as initramfs-tools,
    >> then there are two programs in /etc/kernel/postinst.d which would
    >> write to the same file. So, IMO dracut must use another file name
    >> for its initrd and the postinst of linux-image should support initrd
    >> file names like initramfs...... What's your oppinion?

    > I think dracut and initramfs-tools should each conflict with
    > linux-initramfs-tool.
Mmm, I think that's not possible.  The linux-image package depends on
initramfs-tools or linux-initramfs-tool (see below). If dracut
conflicts with linux-initramfs-tool it can't be installed since the
linux-image package does not (yet) list dracut in its dependency
list. Additionally initramfs-tools currently provides
linux-initramfs-tool, so why should it now conflict with it?

Package: linux-image-3.2.0-2-amd64
Depends: kmod | module-init-tools, linux-base (>= 3~), initramfs-tools (>= 0.99~) | linux-initramfs-tool

--
regards Thomas