Re: [kernel] r15627 - in dists/sid/linux-2.6/debian: . config

* Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@inutil.org> [2010-05-12 21:07]:
> Extensive performance numbers have been posted and there was no
> followup as to what specific "space constraints" should pose a
> problem (obviously every enabled additional, non-modular kernel
> option slightly increases the image size).

waldi asked me to comment on this from an ARM perspective because of
its size restrictions.  I checked and this adds about 12KB to the
kernel image.  Since we're using LZMA to compress the kernel on ARM
these days, I'm not too worried about this increase.  There might also
be an impact on RAM... we support machines with 32 MB RAM but we could
turn this feature off on that particular ARM platform if it becomes a
problem.

IOW: no objections from me.

--
Martin Michlmayr