Re: /scripts/local: Waiting for root file system...

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 02:04:14PM +0400, Petr Kohts wrote:

> Thanks for pointer, I've found the described code in
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/udev/udev_0.114-2.diff.gz
>
> It should work but it doesn't seem "clean solution" to me
> because originally rootdelay was used in /scripts/local
> but now it's used also in init-premount/udev which
> doubles the time user have to wait to be dropped into
> initramfs shell (when no root is available).

that is a cornercase that is not worth an effort to complicate it.

> The solution I'm proposing is cleaner and requires
> less hand work for the end user. Here's the `diff -u`
> (tested and working):

no it's even more dirtier.
first of all you don't know which and what scripts are local-top
second you sleep 3x, too lazy to do the math but something
like rootdelay * rootdelay due to while loop.

--
maks